If you are a mother in the Northwest Houston area who has decided to interrupt a full-time career to be at home with your children, then Mothers & More can introduce you to other moms in the area who have made this same decision! Our group provides support to women during this transitioning period. Many women feel a sense of isolation and a loss of identity during this time of sequencing from career to home. Mothers & More can help by offering a varieties of activities and services, as well as by introducing you to other women in your area who face similar issues.
What Is Mothers & More?
Our national organization's mission is based on the following core beliefs:
• A mother is more than any single role she plays at any given point in her lifetime. She is entitled to fully explore and develop her identity as she chooses: as a woman, a citizen, a parent or an employee.
• All the work mothers do - whether paid or unpaid - has social and economic value.
• All women deserve recognition and support for their right to choose if and how to combine parenting and paid employment.
• All mothers, all children and all families are unique. We respect the wisdom of each mother to decide how to care for her children, her family and herself.
• Mothers have the right to fulfill their caregiving responsibilities without incurring social and economic penalties.
• The transitions women make into and through motherhood are challenging and can be difficult.
• Together, mothers are powerful.
Through our chapters and other services, we provide opportunities for mothers to connect with one another in ways that assist them in developing their unique identities as women and help them move more confidently through the transitions that affect their family, work and life.
Mothers & More champions the value and necessity of all mothers’ work to our society - paid and unpaid, within and outside of the home. We strive to raise awareness about the fact that mothers live and work in a society that presents significant barriers to their ability to succeed as women, citizens, parents or participants in the workforce. By uniting mothers to act on their own behalf, we seek to eliminate policies, practices and attitudes that unfairly impact mothers as caregivers.
For more information about the Northwest Houston chapter, email us or call us at 866-841-9139, ext. 3204. Check out our local mission statement for more specifics on our group, our membership page to learn how to join our group, and our meeting page for details on our next meeting. You can also for more information. We hope to see you soon!